Changing Your CTE Online Password
To Change Your CTE Online Password
Click on the Change Password link in your CTE Online profile and follow the steps to select a new password. Your new password will work immediately after you complete these steps.
- Use at least six characters in your password.
- Longer passwords are harder to crack. Most Web sites have a minimum requirement for password length.
- Use a combination of numbers, special characters (for
example: #, $, %, &), plus upper and lower case letters.
- Most Web sites are case-sensitive with regards to passwords. Passwords for this site can contain special characters, though some sites forbid their use.
- Change your password frequently.
- At a minimum, consider changing one character in your password every few months. Changing just one character will make it easier to remember your new password.
- Don't use a password that could be found in a dictionary.
- A password consisting of only one word is easy to crack.
- Don't share your password with others.
- If you are forced to divulge your password, change it immediately.
- Don't use a four digit PIN (like your ATM personal
identification number) as a password.
- Short numeric passwords are quite easy to crack.