As the creator or leader of a group, you can use the Group Manager to update the group’s profile, restrict access to the group, or invite others to join.
To access the Group Manager, go to the group’s profile page and click the “Manage this Group” link. (If you are not a group leader, you will not see the Manage this Group link.)
The Group Manager Screen contains a series of tabs that provide options to change settings for your group and manage members. The following options are available:
- Main: View a preview of the group’s logo and a link back to the group profile.
- Name and Description: Update the group name, the group’s description, or the About section at any time.
Profile Settings: Control visibility and access
to the group in this area. The following two options are
- Group Membership Type: Choose to make the group private (require an invitation to join), or public (allow anyone to join at any time)
- Group Visibility: Choose to let the group appear in public searches, or allow the group to only be visible to other group members
- Logo: Upload an image for the group’s logo. For optimal results, upload a square image of at least 250 x 250 pixels (larger images will be scaled down to fit).
- Join Requests and Invites: Invite members of the CTE Online community to join your group. You may also invite people to become leaders of the group.
- Members: Manage membership of the group. You can remove members or promote members to leaders of the group.
- Requests: Approve or deny pending requests for addition to the group.
- Affiliates: Affiliate your group with an institution, if desired.