Part of Course: Metals 1 and 2 Model
Unit Overview / Details
Students will learn to make effective decisions, use career information, and manage personal career plans in the Machine and Forming Technology Area.
- 1 - 2 Weeks
Content / Concepts
- understand that manufacturing is relevant to modern life.
- be able to choose a career they are interested in from the internet.
- present their career findings using a PowerPoint presentation.
- gain knowledge into a variety of welding careers
Lessons in this Unit
This assignment is designed to introduce the Metals 1 student to a variety of welding careers and the requirements/training needed to work in the related field.
- Lesson Duration
- 60 Minutes
Students learn why manufacturing is important in the modern world. Students will see the relevance of careers where they can learn how to design and build products that are used by society. Emphasis will be on how students can add significantly to improving society and their future.
- 1 Hour
CTE Course Certification Elements
- 9 to 12
- Career & Technical Ed
- Industries and Pathways:
- Manufacturing & Product Development