Part of Course: Medical-Hospital-Health Careers Model
Unit Overview / Details
This unit examines the history of health care and health care delivery systems. It also looks at medical advancements and their impact on health care and costs. It will address insurance and third party payor on health care.
- 6 Hours
- Community Classroom
- 0 Hours
- 0 Hours
Content / Concepts
- Introduce the course and facilities.
- Discuss the course syllabus and major objectives.
- Explain applicable classroom management procedures, the ROP Student Rules of Conduct, and any operational guidelines.
- Review instructor/student expectations.
- Explain enrollment and attendance requirements and procedures.
- Review grading and student evaluation procedures.
- Discuss the community classroom aspect of the program if applicable.
- Review classroom safety, emergency and disaster procedure.
- Discuss ROP Student Outcomes and their relationship to the course and employability.
Lessons in this Unit
This activity/lesson takes place in the first week of school. It helps the class get to know each other.
- 3-5 minute intro by teacher
- 5 Minutes
- approx 2 minutes per student on activity
- 2 Minutes