Part of Course: Intro to Ag Mechanics Model
Unit Overview / Details
This unit contains lessons on agricultural electricity; voltage, amperage, resistance, power; test equipment; circuit problem analysis and correction; wiring techniques; and electrical plan interpretation.
- 10 Hours
Content / Concepts
- Relationship between voltage, amperage, resistance, and power in single-phase alternating current (AC) circuits
- Use of proper electrical test equipment for AC and (direct current) DC
- Analysis of and correcting basic circuit problems
- Non-metallic cable and conduit electrical circuit and wiring techniques
- Interpreting basic agricultural electrical plans
Lessons in this Unit
Students will know electrical wiring terminology.
- Instructional Time
- 1 Hour
Students will become familiar with and learn the correct names for the tools and equipment used in this basic electrical wiring unit.
- lesson time
- 60 Minutes
Students will understand how to select the proper wire for the job and how to prepare the wire for connection to a terminal.
- Electrical wire ID and Prep
- 2 Hours
Students will know what a circuit is and how to correctly install circuit.
- Lesson Time
- 1 Hour