Part of Course: Engineering Technology (Robotics) Model
Unit Overview / Details
The students in this lesson will a branch of engineering dealing with optimizing complex machinery, processes, and/or systems. The will learn to develop, improve, implement, and evaluate integrate systems ND, equipment. Equipment such as robotics will be emphasized. Reverse engineering and the improvement of product will be explored.
- 20 Hours
- Explain the importance of improving solutions
- Identify four main reasons for improvement
- Describe the function and duties of an industrial engineer.
- Describe what and where robots are used.
- Make suggestions for providing improved solutions for eight products or system solutions
- Provide the computer code for the operation of a robotic arm.
California Career and Technical Education Standards
Lessons in this Unit
Students learn how robotic end-of-arm tools (EOATs) are used to pick-up material and operate tools in manufacturing. They use this knowledge to create a working robot arm that simulates an actual industrial robot application found in manufacturing.
- 4 Class Periods - Each Period
- 90 Minutes