Part of Course: Engineering Technology (Robotics) Model
Unit Overview / Details
Students will learn about control technology and automation especially as it related to their home. They will learn about the input and output devices that make decisions. They will apply their knowledge of basic electricity, fluid power, and mechanics to automation. Students will learn to use programmable logic controller designed exclusively for control purposes.
- 15 Hours
- Mapulate automated devices to counduce specific tasks
- Explain open and closed loop feedback in control circuitry
- Describe different levels of control technology
- Identify applications of control logic
- Use line diagrams and control logic to design basic control circuitry
- Design and construct control circuitry for specific applications
Career and Technical education Standards
Lessons in this Unit
Students work in small teams to design, build, and program a robot to accomplish a specific task. The task to be accomplished is to pour a beverage into their teacher's cup without outside input or assistance from a human.
- 4 Class Periods. Each Period
- 90 Minutes