Part of Unit: Geometry
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
Students will design a skyscraper utilizing the different shapes
and object from Skyscraper Lessons 1-5.
Author: Alannbert Millendez
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ED.C.C5.1 Understand the commands and concepts necessary for editing engineering drawings.
- ED.C.C5.2 Know the various object-altering techniques.
- ED.C.C5.3 Know the CADD components and the operational functions of CADD systems.
- ED.C.C5.4 Apply two-dimensional and three-dimensional CADD operations in creating working ...
- ED.C.C5.5 Understand how to determine properties of drawing objects.
- ED.FS.10.2 Understand the importance of technical and computer-aided technologies essential...
- ED.FS.11.0 Demonstration and Application
- ED.FS.5.1 Apply appropriate problem-solving strategies and critical thinking skills to wor...
- ED.FS.5.3 Use critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and solve problems.
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.6 Demonstrate use of sophisticated learning tools by following technical direction...2
- M.8-12.G.10.0 Students compute areas of polygons, including rectangles, scalene triangles, equ...1
- M.8-12.G.11.0 Students determine how changes in dimensions affect the perimeter, area, and vol...1
- M.8-12.G.8.0 Students know, derive, and solve problems involving the perimeter, circumference...1
- Project length
- 5 Days
Activities in this Lesson
- Project Activity - Projects
Students will be given the entry document below.
The teacher will give students time to digest the entry document text.
The teacher will entertain and clarify questions with regard to the entry document.
The teacher will explain the expectations in the project using the rubric below.
The teacher will entertain and clarify questions with regard to the rubric.
- Entry doc - Skyscraper Project.pdf [ Download ]
Rubric & Student Sample
- Assessment Types:
Students are put in groups and they come up with several concepts for what is required in the entry document or additional list provided to the students.