Part of Unit: Geometry
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
Students will design an American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
compliant wheelchair ramp.
Author: Alannbert Millendez
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ED.C.C5.1 Understand the commands and concepts necessary for editing engineering drawings.
- ED.C.C5.2 Know the various object-altering techniques.
- ED.C.C5.3 Know the CADD components and the operational functions of CADD systems.
- ED.C.C5.4 Apply two-dimensional and three-dimensional CADD operations in creating working ...
- ED.C.C5.5 Understand how to determine properties of drawing objects.
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- M.8-12.G.15.0 Students use the Pythagorean theorem to determine distance and find missing leng...1
- M.8-12.G.18.0 Students know the definitions of the basic trigonometric functions defined by th...1
- M.8-12.G.19.0 Students use trigonometric functions to solve for an unknown length of a side of...1
- M.8-12.G.8.0 Students know, derive, and solve problems involving the perimeter, circumference...1
Activities in this Lesson
Students will receive an entry document rationalizing a purpose for this project.
Students will receive a rubric - a layout of what is expected of them and their final product.
A series of scaffold activities (including worksheets) carefully
designed to provide students with lecture, demos, practice and
feedback, to successfully complete the project.
A collection of student work, archived for showcase.
Sacramento New Technology HS 2010