- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members)
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- FFA Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE)
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Introduction to California Agriculture Education Record Books
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Budget
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Ownership Business Agreements
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Placement Business Agreements
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Classification of Inventory
- California Agriculture Record Book -- FFA, School & Community Service Activities
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Financial Statement
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Income Summary
- FFA Record Book Calendar
- Introduction to the Journal
- Part 2 Journal Practice
- How do I record gifts and transfer projects from 4H to FFA?
- Careers in Agriculture
- Careers in Agriculture - Austin Large
- Job Shadow
- The Role of Agriculture in the California Economy
- History of Agriculture
- California Commodities
- Agriculture and the Environment
- The Effects of Technology on Agriculture
- Technology & Ag Production
- Benefits & Public Concerns/Objections About Technology
- Analyzing Technological Advancements in Agriculture
- Animals: Their importance, Domestication, and Role
- Domestic Animals and Society
- Alternative Uses of Livestock Animals
- Animal Waste
- Animal Behavior
- Basic Cell Structure and Function of Plants and Animals
- Basic Animal Anatomy and Systems
- Basic Animal Terminology
- External Anatomy of Animals
- "From Food to Feces" Monogastric vs. Ruminant
- "Family Connection" Animal Kingdom Taxonomy
- Basic Animal Genetics
- Cell Division: Mitosis
- Genotypes and Phenotypes
- Cell Division: Meiosis
- Dominant & Recessive Traits
- Genetic Mutations
- Fundamental Animal Nutrition and Feeding
- Classes of Nutrients
- Basic feeding
- Ruminant Digestive System
- Basic Animal Health
- Soil Science Principles
- Plant Growth and Development
- Plant Anatomy
- Name that Tune (15 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function Karaoke - Teaching Technique: Peer Teaching (20 minutes)
- Demo Track - "Roots, Roots, Roots" - Guided Practice (7 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function CD Cover - Independent Practice (20 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function CD Cover Demo - Guided Practice (10 minutes)
- Show what you know - Quiz (5 minutes)
- Closure (5 minutes)
- Photosynthesis Process
- Perfect vs. Imperfect Flowers
- Breathe Easy...Plant Respiration
- Plant Growth Requirements
- Seeds & Seed Germination
- Plant Anatomy
- Plant Insects and Diseases
- Understanding Scientific Method
- Steps of Scientific Method
- Scientific Method Cartographer
- Experimental Design
- Methodology Madness
Activity Originally Created By: Austin Large
Show what you know - Quiz (5 minutes)
Part of Lesson Plan: Plant Anatomy
Activity Overview / Details
As students are creating their album covers, pass out to each of
them an index card. On the index cards students will answer the
following 4 questions:
1) Besides anchoring the plant, what is the other function of the root system?
2) Stems serve what function for the plant?
3) What important biological process is conducted in the leaf?
4) What is the function of the fruit?
Once the students have completed their album covers, and selected the best from their table, instruct the students to answer the questions that are posted on the board, and record their answers on the index card. Let them know that these will be their ticket out the door.