Part of Unit: Agricultural Cold/Hot Metal Processes
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the cold metal process by constructing a dust pan made out of sheet metal.
- Instructional Time
- 2 Hours
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ANR.B.B5.3 Know layout skills.
- ANR.B.B5.4 Know basic cold metal processes (e.g., shearing, cutting, drilling, threading, b...
- ANR.B.B5.5 Complete a cold metal project, including interpreting a plan, developing a bill ...
- ANR.FS.11.0 Demonstration and Application
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.6 Demonstrate use of sophisticated learning tools by following technical direction...2
- M.7.MG.1.2 Construct and read drawings and models made to scale.11
Objectives and Goals
1. Students will be able to complete the dust pan cold metal project
Activities in this Lesson
- Look how much you know - Hooks / Set
Set up: Place sheet metal dust pan back in front of the classroom the same way it was in the first lesson.
Ask students what they know about this dust pan? (lead them to talk about dimensions, and eventually the fact that they know how to draw it flat and unfolded)
Congratulate the students on all that they have learned in this unit and explain to them that today is the day we put all of their knowledge into practice. Today is the day they construct their project.
- contextual set/directions - Other
1. Divide the class into two groups
2. Explain to the students that one of the groups will be in charge of working on their handle and the other will start with the pan portion of the project.
3. Review the dust pan plan
4. Review the handle mount.
5. Review the dust pan side view.
6. Review the break order
7. Instruct the students to begin working.
- Clean up - Closure
Students are to clean up the shop and put away tools the last 10min of class. (any unfinished projects should be stored in a locker or put in the storage room untill the next day)
- Assessment Types:
Grade projects according the attached rubric.
- Dust pan rubric [ Download ]