- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members)
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- FFA California Record Book
- Careers in Agriculture
- Introduction to Agricultural Biology
- Investigation and Experimentation
- Popcorn Lab- Scientific Method (Variables)
- Scientific Method -- Matt Patton
- Chemistry of Life
- Biomolecules in Food -Holly Whitworth
- Curds & Whey (pH)
- Why is Water Sticky? -- Jill Sperling
- Cell Biology
- It's Not Easy Being Green!
- Are Enzymes the Key? Holly Whitworth
- Egg Osmosis -- Jodi Evans
- Cellular Respiration -- Jodi Evans
- Energy & Living Things -- Jill Sperling
- Fermentation, It's a Gas- Jennifer Terpstra
- Cell Organelles -- Chris
- Cell Dairy Farm
- Investigating Photosynthesis- A Color Story
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Genetics and Heredity
- DNA Structure in a Shoe box-Matt Patton
- Introduction to DNA -- Chris Dickson
- Transcription/Translation -- Matt Patton
- Golden Rice -- the Use of Biotechnology (Chris Dickson)
- The Perfect Pair of Genes!
- Genetic Checkers -Matt Patton
- DNA Translation and Transcription
- Selective Breeding (Hybrids & Purebreds)
- Dominant and Recessive Allele Selection in Cattle
- Survival of the Fittest - Jennifer Terpstra
- Selective Pressure & Population Curves -Holly Whitworth
- Evolution and Embryos
- Nitrogen Cycle in Agriculture- Jennifer Terpstra
- Population Trends -- Jennifer Terpstra
- Energy Pyramid -- Holly Whitworth
- Accumulation of Toxins in Food Web -- Beth Knapp
- Taxonomy "What do YOU call it?"
- Exploring the Carbon Cycle
- Introduction to the Immune System- Jodi Evans
- Circulatory System -- Jodi Evans
- The Muscular System and Chicken Wing Lab -- Angela Mayfield
- Chicken Embryo Development
- Flower Dissection
- Introduction to Physiology
- The Nervous System
- Pathogens. . . They've Gone Viral!
Activity Originally Created By: Angela Mayfield
Preconceptions Parking Lot
Part of Lesson Plan: Exploring the Carbon Cycle
Activity Overview / Details
Materials Needed: Sticky Notes (1 per student), Outline of Parking Lot on board (1)
Help students connect with previous knowledge through this engaging activity. Distribute one sticky-note to each student. Instruct students to quickly draw an outline of their favorite car on their sticky note. Within the outline, students are to respond to the following question, "What have you heard about carbon?" As students capture their ideas, post sticky-note "cars" on a share sheet or wipe board on which you have drawn a parking lot. Students share their previous knowledge as they park their cars in the parking lot.