Part of Lesson Plan: Careers in Agriculture - Austin Large
Activity Overview / Details
After students have gone through and tallied up all of their
qualities, hand out to them the "career goal web handout". Have
them look through their tally, and select one job that not only has
the most qualities matched, but also the greatest level of student
interest in that career activity. Once every student has their
career selected, deliver the following instructions:
1) Write the name of the career that you have selected in the center bubble on the web.
2) After writing your career, utilize the knowledge that you have about the FFA, SAE's, School and Community activities, Higher education/training, and other skills needed to complete the web.
3) In the bubbles should be activities and opportunities that you should take advantage of in each area to support your goal of attaining that career you have selected.
4) You will have 10 minutes to complete this task
Allow students to ask you questions to clarify, and then have them get to work! After the students have completed their activity, have them turn to a partner and share the following information:
1) What career did you pick and why?
2) What are 2 FFA Activities that you can participate in that will help you to reach your career goal?
3) What is one SAE project that would support your career goal?
After the students have shared, get them to pass in their sheets to you so that you can review them so take a look at your students career interests.
Materials / Resource
- Career Goal Web [ Download ]