Part of Lesson Plan: Plans for a bird house kit.
Activity Overview / Details
This activity is done before the Anticipatory Set/Lesson
I personally like to include in my lessons during the Architectural unit. It allows students to come in and get started on something tangentially related to our class. It's completed for points daily as part of their grade and gives me time to take roll and get everyone ready to go.
The PowerPoint about today's building is started before the bell rings to start class.
Students write on scratch paper;
Then the students fill in the 5 W's in relation to the PowerPoint presentation. Each day it features a different building.
The teacher takes attendance, while the Teacher's Aide passes out the class materials;
- Equipment bags: Scale, Triangles, Compass, Eraser shield, Pencil, Pencil sharpener, Lettering guide.
- A piece of masking tape for each student.
- Paper for today's activity.
- Paper copy of finished project to help guide students in finishing their drawing. This is a phototcopy that is reduced 90% of the original size to prevent cheating, yet provide clarity of measurement.
This activity is worth 4 points. Multiply this by 5 days per week = 20 points maximum per week.
Materials / Resource
- Burj Khalifa [ Download ] PowerPoint presentation