- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members) 3
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE)
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Careers in Agriculture
- Animal Housing and Handling Equipment
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 1
- Breaking Bones, "A Tale of Four Traumas"
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 2
- "Reflections" - The Importance Animal Identification
- "What breed are you" - painting your pig
- "Clean your Barnyard!" - Class Clean-Up
- "Staying One Notch above the Competition" - Swine Ear Notching Notes
- "Lend me your Ear" - Piglet Ear Construction and Ear Notching Practice
- "Piglet family round-up!" - students will organize themselves by litter number and piglet number
- "Body Piercing...In Cattle & Sheep" Ear Tagging Methodology, Tools, and Techniques
- Do the Hokey Pokey....Injections and Reading Syringes
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Bone Structure
- Axial and Appendicular Skeletons
- "Let's Eat" - Prehension and Mastication
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Building Blocks of Words
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Directional Terms
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Body Planes
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Abbreviations
- Comparative Anatomy and Physiology
- Pick - A - Part!
- Animal Reproduction and the Function of Reproductive Organs
- Calving Problems/Dystocia
- Female Reproductive Tract
- Parturition and Related Problems
- Male Reproductive Tract
- Fertilization and Pregnancy
- Animal Inheritance and Selection Principles
- Expected Progeny Difference (EPD)
- Punnett Squares and Codominance
- Punnett Square Discovery
- Finding the Fittest- Livestock Selection
- Causes and Effects of Diseases and Illnesses in Animals
- Livestock Parasitology
- Fecal Exam for Livestock
- Livestock Parasite Control
- Vaccination Protocol
- Observing Animals
- Rangeland Management Practices
- Animal Waste Management
- Animal Welfare Concerns
- Large and Small Animal Production
- Swine Identification
- Dairy Cow Timeline
- Introduction to Small and Large Animal Terminology
- Temple Grandin
- Rabbits - An Introduction
- Specialty Animal Production
- Animal Products and By-Products Processing and Marketing
Activity Originally Created By: Nikki Maddux
Part of Lesson Plan: "Stress'n"
Activity Overview / Details
Make sure the slide show works for the anticipatory set.
Set-up activity by using the lecture notes (see attachment under lecture). Write an animal mentioned in the notes individually on a 3X5 card so that each student will have an index card with one animal on it. On another set of index cards, write a single symptom on each card that matches the same amount of animals you have written on the first set of index cards. So that each student will have and index card with an animal and be able to match it with an index card of a symptom found in that animal as stated in the lecture notes. Animal Index cards should be taped on the left side of the room while the symptom index cards are taped on the right side of the room. They should be taped in a way that students can easily pull them from the surface without causing any destruction.
Make copies of lecture notes worksheet and stress test homework sheet for each student.