- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members) 3
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE)
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Careers in Agriculture
- Animal Housing and Handling Equipment
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 1
- Breaking Bones, "A Tale of Four Traumas"
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 2
- "Reflections" - The Importance Animal Identification
- "What breed are you" - painting your pig
- "Clean your Barnyard!" - Class Clean-Up
- "Staying One Notch above the Competition" - Swine Ear Notching Notes
- "Lend me your Ear" - Piglet Ear Construction and Ear Notching Practice
- "Piglet family round-up!" - students will organize themselves by litter number and piglet number
- "Body Piercing...In Cattle & Sheep" Ear Tagging Methodology, Tools, and Techniques
- Do the Hokey Pokey....Injections and Reading Syringes
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Bone Structure
- Axial and Appendicular Skeletons
- "Let's Eat" - Prehension and Mastication
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Building Blocks of Words
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Directional Terms
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Body Planes
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Abbreviations
- Comparative Anatomy and Physiology
- Pick - A - Part!
- Animal Reproduction and the Function of Reproductive Organs
- Calving Problems/Dystocia
- Female Reproductive Tract
- Parturition and Related Problems
- Male Reproductive Tract
- Fertilization and Pregnancy
- Animal Inheritance and Selection Principles
- Expected Progeny Difference (EPD)
- Punnett Squares and Codominance
- Punnett Square Discovery
- Finding the Fittest- Livestock Selection
- Causes and Effects of Diseases and Illnesses in Animals
- Livestock Parasitology
- Fecal Exam for Livestock
- Livestock Parasite Control
- Vaccination Protocol
- Observing Animals
- Rangeland Management Practices
- Animal Waste Management
- Animal Welfare Concerns
- Large and Small Animal Production
- Swine Identification
- Dairy Cow Timeline
- Introduction to Small and Large Animal Terminology
- Temple Grandin
- Rabbits - An Introduction
- Specialty Animal Production
- Animal Products and By-Products Processing and Marketing
Activity Originally Created By: Nikki Maddux
Part of Lesson Plan: "Stress'n"
Activity Overview / Details
Teacher writes on the board:
For each slide, please write the behavioral sign the animal is giving and what it might be telling you about his/her well being.
Teacher randomly chooses students to give their answers while slide show is reviewed and introduces that all the behaviors the cats were showing are signs of stress which is the topic of today's lesson.
Materials / Resource
- Stress symptoms in cats - Anticipatory set [ Download ] PowerPoint of pictures for stress symptom Identification