Part of Lesson Plan: The Great Communicator
Activity Overview / Details
This is an additional activity that will require preparation/creation.
Materials that you will need:
- 2 Large posters ( I asked the video store for posters that they were getting ready to discard)
- 2 pieces of foam board
- Exacto knife or sharp object to cut through foam board and poster
- glue or spray adhesive
- Material to make blindfolds
Directions for making giant puzzle
- Spray back of poster and adhere to foam board.
- draw out puzzle design on back of foam board. Make your pieces big (8 to 10 shapes per puzzle)
- cut out your puzzle shapes
Cut fabric into strips for blindfolds
Divide students into 2 groups. Each group will chose a person to be blindfolded. The blindfolded student will be assembling the puzzle with the direction of group members. The group members that are not blindfolded my not touch the puzzle pieces. The first group that assembles the puzzle first is the best communicator.
This activity may be repeated several times.