Part of Lesson Plan: Got PPE? Methods of Personal Protection
Activity Overview / Details
As students enter the classroom, instructor will be greeting students wearing the personal protective equipment (utility gloves, protective eye wear, mask, and lab coat) utilized while working with chemicals. A display of chemical bottles (Discide disinfectant solutions and Birex disinfectant solutions) will be placed on the table in front of the classroom.
After students are seated, students will find at each group table: a set of utility gloves, protective eyewear, disposable lab jackets, and masks.
Students will be asked to discuss the following questions to assess prior knowledge. These questions will be written on the board.
- Why would an assistant wear this specific personal protecton?
- When would it be necessary for an assistant to wear this personal protection?
- What is the purpose of each of the personal protective equipment?
- What is the order for removing personal protective equipment?
- What are the risks of not wearing personal protective equipment?