Part of Lesson Plan: The nerve of you!
Activity Overview / Details
Hook/Set the stage: Watch Sony rolly video 2 min. Before video begins prompt students to watch closely for how humans and robots are similar and how they differ in relations to head and neck movements.
After video hand out the blank comparison chart, have students fill out and go into small discussion groups. Teacher will use the Similarities and Contrast key to begin class discussion.
Lecture: Hand out list of questions that students must answer during power point presentation. Encourage them to use lecture handout as a study tool.
- YouTube- Sony Rolly - Head and Neck Sessions vs. dancing robot.wmv [ Watch Video ] [ Download Original Video ] Video
- Similarties and Contrast.wps [ Download ] Students document
- Similarties and Contrast Teacher Key.wps [ Download ] Teacher's key
- Lecture Handout.wps [ Download ] Lecture hand out
- Lecture Handout Teacher's Key.wps [ Download ] Answers for Lecture Handout