Activity Overview / Details
- Ask the class to take out their
Good Dimensioning Technique handouts that were
given in a previous class.
- Review with them the importance of following the correct
processes to place dimensions on a drawing and how jobs and
industry will not accept messy or inaccurate work. Remind
students that accuracy on a drawing leads to accuracy on building
a project which leads to a safe usable product.
- Now hand out the new information on
Dimensioning Angles and Arcs. Have the students
follow along as you read the information to them. As you are
reading show them examples on the board that represent what you
are reading. (Have a drawing on the board ahead of time that will
allow you to show the examples). Draw the Dimensioning examples
on the board for the drawing as you walk and talk the students
through the handouts.
- Be sure to allow students to ask questions along the
- Keep everything neat and use different colors to represent
various parts of the Dimensions.
- Complete the demonstration and ask students if they have any
questions in regards to the various Dimensioning techniques.
- EXAMPLE drawings for board attached . AutoCAD 2005 & PDF