- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members)
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- FFA California Record Book
- Careers in Agriculture
- Introduction to Agricultural Biology
- Investigation and Experimentation
- Popcorn Lab- Scientific Method (Variables)
- Scientific Method -- Matt Patton
- Chemistry of Life
- Biomolecules in Food -Holly Whitworth
- Curds & Whey (pH)
- Why is Water Sticky? -- Jill Sperling
- Cell Biology
- It's Not Easy Being Green!
- Are Enzymes the Key? Holly Whitworth
- Egg Osmosis -- Jodi Evans
- Cellular Respiration -- Jodi Evans
- Energy & Living Things -- Jill Sperling
- Fermentation, It's a Gas- Jennifer Terpstra
- Cell Organelles -- Chris
- Cell Dairy Farm
- Investigating Photosynthesis- A Color Story
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Genetics and Heredity
- DNA Structure in a Shoe box-Matt Patton
- Introduction to DNA -- Chris Dickson
- Transcription/Translation -- Matt Patton
- Golden Rice -- the Use of Biotechnology (Chris Dickson)
- The Perfect Pair of Genes!
- Genetic Checkers -Matt Patton
- DNA Translation and Transcription
- Selective Breeding (Hybrids & Purebreds)
- Dominant and Recessive Allele Selection in Cattle
- Survival of the Fittest - Jennifer Terpstra
- Selective Pressure & Population Curves -Holly Whitworth
- Evolution and Embryos
- Nitrogen Cycle in Agriculture- Jennifer Terpstra
- Population Trends -- Jennifer Terpstra
- Energy Pyramid -- Holly Whitworth
- Accumulation of Toxins in Food Web -- Beth Knapp
- Taxonomy "What do YOU call it?"
- Exploring the Carbon Cycle
- Introduction to the Immune System- Jodi Evans
- Circulatory System -- Jodi Evans
- The Muscular System and Chicken Wing Lab -- Angela Mayfield
- Chicken Embryo Development
- Flower Dissection
- Introduction to Physiology
- The Nervous System
- Pathogens. . . They've Gone Viral!
Activity Originally Created By: Christine Dickson
Cell Organelles in table format
Part of Lesson Plan: Cell Organelles -- Chris
Activity Overview / Details
Cell Organelle Functions
Organelle Function1 Number of Organelles
Cytoplasm Organizes inner cell structure 4
Cell membrane (animal cell) Allows materials to enter and exit cell 5
Cell wall (plant cell) Protects cell, maintains shape 4
Nucleus “Control Center” of cell; contains genetic material; nucleolus inside 1
Mitochondria “Power plant” of cell 4
Chloroplast (plant cell) Converts light to energy – makes plants green 6
Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum Makes molecules cells need to live 1
Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
(w/ ribosomes) Makes molecules cells need to live; protein synthesis 6
Golgi Apparatus “Stores, sorts, and ships” products of ER 1
Lysosome Digests the cell’s “food” 1