Part of Lesson Plan: Hazard Communication Program
Activity Overview / Details
As students enter the classroom and take their seats according to their assigned groups, students will be asked to view the "2010 California and Federal Employment Notice" poster displayed on the white board in the front of the classroom.
Students will be asked to write down and discuss amongst their assigned groups the following questions ( students will be given 15 minutes for this task ):
- Does this poster look familiar? Where have you seen it before? Where was it posted?
- What information is included in this poster? How many sections are there?
- What key information is noted under the section titled "Safety and Health Protection on the job?'
- What is the 3rd statement noted under, "What must an employer do? in the section titled "Safety and Health Protection on the job?" This will be the KEY question that will lead the class into the lecture/power point on a Hazard Communication Program.
Please note: If you do not have this poster for display in your classroom, you may purchase this poster through CalBizCentral 1332 N Market Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95834 - (800) 331-8877 or email contact at: www.calbizcentral.com.
Materials / Resource
- 2010 California & Fed "Safety & Health" [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Sample Picture of 2010 California & Federal Employment "Safety + Health Protection on the Job."
- Form 2010 California Employee Poster [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Sample Picture of California & Federal Employment Poster in its entirety.