Part of Unit: Floor Plan Design and Delineation
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
If you are using AutoCAD to draw architectural design, your version may offer the DLINE or Double Line tool. My class is using AutoCAD 2004 LT. Using the DLINE tool lets us quickly design floor plans to accurate dimensions.
- Time required
- 90 Minutes
- 0 Minutes
California Career and Technical Education Standards
Objectives and Goals
- Use the DLINE (double line) command to: draw double-line segments,draw double-line arc segment,sset double-line width,set the dragline for drawing double lines,set the end caps for double lines,create a gap where double lines intersect,and snap to objects when drawing double lines
- Draw a simple floor plan using DLINE
Activities in this Lesson
- Double the Fun - Draw two lines at once. - Hooks / Set
Drawing the floor plan for our design projects can be time consuming. With the double line command (DLINE) your drawing can be more accurrate and you can draw much faster.
- How to use the DLINE tools. - Lecture
- Please use the Lecture Notes below. This allows you the view features that are drawn on the notes. This should be display on a screen for the class.
- Lecture Notes [ Download ] null
- Draw a simple floor plan - Lab / Shop
Display the simple floor plan and have your students create their own CAD drawing using AutoCAD.
Be sure they use all seven of the key features of the DLINE (double line) tool.
- Sample Floor Plan [ Download ] null
- Check for Understanding. - Assessment
Evaluate the students' drawings. Look for:
1. Correct AutoCAD layout
2. Proper use of the DLINE tool
3. Correct dimensions
4. A functional floor plan design