Part of Lesson Plan: Full Scale Model of Home Students Live In - exterior and roof covering 4 of 4
Activity Overview / Details
Classification and types of roofing material- Students are to enter into their portfolio the information presented on the White Board/lcd Screen
Class A- is the most fire resistant , it has a two to four hour rating. This roofing material is Clay, Concrete, Slate or Tile Shingles. Composition Shingles may be rated A if they are composed of fiberglass.
Class B- has a fire rating of one hour. This is minimum Uniform Building Code . This material is Composition Shingles, Wooden Shake or Shingle that is prepared with a fire retardant chemical
Class C- has a 20 minute fire rating. This roofing material is wooden Shake or Shingle that is not treated with a fire retardant chemical.
Materials / Resource
- Composition Shingle:Tar Paper:Roof Sheathing Detail.jpg [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Composition Shingle/Tar Paper/Roof Sheathing Detail
- 100_1706.JPG [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Tar and Gravel Flat Roof
- 100_1710.JPG [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Wood Shake Roof
- 100_1711.JPG [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Cement Shingles
- 100_1712.JPG [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Tile Shingles