Part of Lesson Plan: Emergency Plans for Health Care Facilities
Activity Overview / Details
Incident Report - a special form that is completed for each accident or unusual occurance in the healthcare facility.
- examples of when an incident report would be filled out.
- who would complete the incident report.
- what happens when the incident report is submitted to the facility.
Common reason for incident report to be completed is when a patient fis injured or falls.
Divide students into three groups. Assign each group one of the following topics on which to report:
- Common causes of injury in the healthcare facility, including falls.
- Factors that increase the risk of injury in the healthcare facility, including falls.
- Safety measures to prevent injury in the healthcare facility, including falls.
Allow 15 minutes for students to prepare. Call on one person from each group to report to the class.