Part of Lesson Plan: We Are Not All The Same
Activity Overview / Details
As students enter the classroom a PowerPoint presentation will be showing with images of people from varied ethnicities and religious backgrounds. This to show there is diversity in the workplace and that we will be working with others of varied ethnic and religous backgrounds.
Materials / Resource
- Diversity.ppt [ Download ] Students will be given 15 minutes to do group discussion on the images the saw as the walked into the classroom. As groups of 4-5, they will be asked to discuss what they perceived the images of the PPT to be. Once group discussion is complete, students will be asked to share with class what they perceived the images to be. Teacher will share what images actually represent.
- Valuing Diversity - Ch. 14.pdf [ Download ] As a classroom students will read "Valuing Diversity" - Ch. 14. Once reading is complete students will be assigned: 1. Checkpoints #1-5 on page 379, 2. Applications #2 on page 380, and Self Check #1-5 on page 383.
- Chapter 14.ppt [ Download ] Teacher will share with class Ch. 14 - Valuing Diversity PPT and give students insight on valuing diversity in life and in the workplace.
- Chapter 14 Test.doc [ Download ] At start of next class period, a brief review will be done on "Valuing Diversity." After review, test will be given to assess student learning on "Valuing Diversity."
- Chapter 14 Test & Key.doc [ Download ] Lesson test and answer key.
- Diversity in the Workplace.doc [ Download ] Additional Teaching Materials for Ch. 14 - Valuing Diversity.
- One block class period
- 120 Minutes
Industries, Industries, Subjects and Grades
- 11 to 12, Adult
- Industries and Pathways:
- Health Science and Medical Technology