Part of Lesson Plan: Lights, Camera, Action! The Biotech Experience: Introduction
Activity Overview / Details
Go through and brainstorm to develop Know/Need to Know lists in two areas:
- Making a Video.
- Biotech content to include in video.
This can either be done using a computer and LCD projector, with one of the students recording all information on the attached Know/Need to Know template, or it can be done on poster paper, flip chart paper, or something similar. It is important that this be in a format that can be revisited OFTEN during the project... maybe even daily!
Teacher prompts that should be used during this process include:
- At this point in time, what do you know about film making?
- What do you think you need to know about film making to complete this project?
- What Biotech information do you know you should include in your video?
- What do you need to know about what content to include in the video? (This one is tricky, since a lot of the students will think they already know it all... be ready with follow-up prompts like: What type of activities do you think our client wants included in the video? What kind of information do you think will grab your audience's attention?)
Play it by ear!
Materials / Resource
- Knows and Need to Knows Template [ Download ]