Part of Lesson Plan: Reading a Ruler
Activity Overview / Details
1. Show students a variety of drawings and objects that include dimensions. Every student will have a ruler on their desk. They will be asked to examine the ruler. The teacher will point out the importance of measurements in manufacturing and construction.
2. In my classroom as all students have a computer with controlled Internet access, students will be sent to the Website: http://www.rsinnovative.com/rulergame/
3. They will be allowed to play the “Ruler Game” . This online game develops measuring skill as well as shows a student where their weaknesses are.
4. The teacher will then cover the use of a ruler by utilizing a Power Point presentation on measuring. As the Power Point Presentation is shown on measuring students will complete a work sheet that follows along.
5. Students will work through a variety of worksheets to reinforce their knowledge on reading a ruler.