Part of Unit: Technical Sketching
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
In this lesson the students will be introduced to the concept of 1 point perspectives.
- 1 Class Period
- 55 Minutes
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ED.A.A2.4 Use freehand graphic communication skills to represent conceptual ideas, analysi...
- ED.C.C10.2 Use sketching techniques as they apply to a variety of architectural and enginee...
- ED.C.C10.3 Use freehand graphic communication skills to represent conceptual ideas, analysi...
- ED.C.C4.3 Understand the various techniques for viewing objects.
- ED.FS.11.0 Demonstration and Application
- ED.FS.5.3 Use critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and solve problems.
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.3 Generate relevant questions about readings on issues that can be researched.2
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.5 Extend ideas presented in primary or secondary sources through original analysis...3
- M.5.MG.2.1 Measure, identify, and draw angles, perpendicular and parallel lines, rectangles...1
- M.7.MG.1.2 Construct and read drawings and models made to scale.11
Objectives and Goals
- The students will draw a 1 point perspective through lecture, power point and the completion of 2 drawing projects. Students will use their knowledge of one point perspective to draw more complex drawings in later units.
- Students will draw 1 point perspective at different locations that will reflect different viewing areas.
- Students will use critical thinking skills in the drawing assignments and through completion of the projects will show problem solving skills that will lead them to the outcome of a finished drawing.
Activities in this Lesson
- What is a 1 point Perspective - Hooks / Set
The students will come into the class and on the board will be a Google search assignment that will have the students look up the definition of a 1 point perspective and define it with both a written definition and a sketching definition. While the students are looking up the definition and sketching, a sample the teacher will take roll. Have the students pay attention to horizon line, vanishing point, and vanishing lines.
- Let's see a perspective - Group Work
The teacher will go over a short Power Point presentation that will show how to do a 1 point perspective. The students will actually do a 1 point perspective as they watch the power point. This is a great way to introduce the students to the concept of Horizon line and Vanishing Point.
- 1 Point Perspective power Point.ppt [ Download ] Power point presentation 1 point perspective.
- 1 point perspective Worksheet [ Download ]
- 1 Point Perspective Student Sample [ View Image ] [ Download Original ]
- 1 Point Perspective Student Sample 2 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ]
- Student Sample Perspective 3 [ View Image ] [ Download Original ]
- Assessment Types:
The students will complete 2 short projects on 1 point perspectives. One will be done with the teacher walking the students through the process of creating a 1 point perspective. The other will be done by the students taking the information given through lecture, demonstration, and power point presentation and completing a 1 point perspective worksheet.