Part of Unit: Solid Modeling
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
1. This lesson will teach students to create a Part File and make a Printable Drawing from it in Solidworks
2. There is a power Point presentation to guide you through how to do this
3. Students will print a complete drawing at the end of this lesson.
- 0 Minutes
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ED.C.C5.1 Understand the commands and concepts necessary for editing engineering drawings.
- ED.C.C5.2 Know the various object-altering techniques.
- ED.C.C5.3 Know the CADD components and the operational functions of CADD systems.
- ED.C.C5.4 Apply two-dimensional and three-dimensional CADD operations in creating working ...
- ED.C.C5.5 Understand how to determine properties of drawing objects.
- ED.C.C6.1 Know a variety of drafting applications and understand the proper dimensioning s...
- ED.C.C6.2 Apply dimensioning to various objects and features.
- ED.C.C6.3 Edit a dimension by using various editing methods.
- ED.FS.11.0 Demonstration and Application
- ED.FS.4.2 Understand the use of technological resources to gain access to, manipulate, and...
- ED.FS.5.1 Apply appropriate problem-solving strategies and critical thinking skills to wor...
- ED.FS.5.3 Use critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and solve problems.
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.5 Extend ideas presented in primary or secondary sources through original analysis...3
- ELA.9-10.R.CAGT.2.6 Demonstrate use of sophisticated learning tools by following technical direction...2
- M.7.MG.1.2 Construct and read drawings and models made to scale.11
Objectives and Goals
- Students will create a part drawing and make a printable Drawing sheet from it in Solidworks
- Understand the commands and concepts necessary for editing drawings.
- Apply two-dimensional and three-dimensional CADD operations in creating working and pictorial drawings, notes, and notations.
Activities in this Lesson
Before starting the Power Point presentation, show this video to give students an idea of what the program can do.
1. You will show the Power Point presentation.
2. This presentation is a step by step lesson. Each slide is a different step for students to do
3. Work with students as you show the Power Point Introduction to Solidworks. Check students progress as they complete the assignment. After a few slides I go and check to see if studnets are able to complete the steps.
4. Students shuold be able to print out a complete drawing at the end of the Power Point.
- Solidworks.ppt [ Download ] Step by step solidworks lesson on Power point
- Assessment Types:
Students will print a copy of their finished project