Part of Unit: Anatomy and Physiology
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
The purpose of this lesson is to encourge group participation to complete a project. The class will be divided into groups of 4-5 students. Each group will be assigned an Endocrine Gland to present. Each student within the group must research their gland and select a disorder/condition. The group will present the general information about their gland, then each student will present their condition.
- Introduction & preparation
- 55 Minutes
- Group & individual work
- 5 Days
English Language Development Standards
- LS.SA.EA.CODOC.A Actively participate and initiate more extended social conversations with peers ...
- LS.SA.EA.CODOC.BE Be understood when speaking, using consistent standard English grammatical forms...
- LS.SA.EA.CODOC.P Prepare and deliver presentations that follow a process of organization and use ...
- R.FSVD.EA.VCD.U Use standard dictionary to determine meanings of unknown words (e.g., idioms and...
- R.WA.A.DWR.A Apply knowledge of word relationships, such as roots and affixes, to derive mean...
Objectives and Goals
- To actively participate in a group to create a project
- To deliver information to his/her peers in a clear consise manner
- To use a dictionary to define unknown words
- To understand meaning of unknown words and describe and pronounce correctly
Activities in this Lesson
- The Endocrine Glands - Hooks / Set
- gland_diagram.cfm [ Go to Site ] Diagram of body showing location of Endocrine Glands
- Criteria for Project - Group Work
Criteria and instructions for group project.
- Assessment Types:
- Rubrics, Projects, quizzes
Follow the link below to open quizzes.