Part of Lesson Plan: Panel layout - Maximize Use (green lesson)
Activity Overview / Details
Create small groups consisting of 3-4 students.(groups should be made up of students with a mix of skill and leadership qualities) Before moving into hands on work in shop, groups must choose a new product that is made from material created from fall down of 4’x8’ sheet used in the vanity carcass. It is at this time each group must decide on
- the new product design
- what to use as the sheet good product (wheat board, veneer ply, etc.)
- make necessary adjustments to the lay out of vanity parts and how they will be cut from the 4’x8’ sheet.
- Monitor activity for safe practices
- Set clearly defined timelines
- provide conditions for evaluations and grading rubrics
- Groups work independently
- Using the bill of materials, cut out case pieces for vanity cabinets
- Using fall down from vanity project, build a prototype of the new product.