Part of Lesson Plan: Project - Electrical Wiring Circuit Board
Activity Overview / Details
As students prepare for class, a brief power point will be displaying pictures of residential rough electrical settings on the front screen. To introduce the project/lesson, begin a discussion of what the students see in the slides. Direct the discussion to what skills would be required to perform the work seen in the slide show, and how would the students be able to learn those skills.
What training aids would help the students learn basic wiring skills? What vocabulary and materials would the students need to know?
Introduce the project that the students will be constructing.
Materials / Resource
- Rough Electrical Residential Wiring.ppt [ Download ] This is a 4-slide power point showing various "rough electrical" situations in residential wiring.
- Rough Electrical.1.jpg [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Slide #1 - Service entrance panel with receptical boxes mounted and NM cable run.
- Rough Electrical.2.jpg [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Slide #2 - Electrician installing rough electrical in an enclosure.
- Rough Electrical.3.jpg [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Slide #3 - Ceiling light fixtures.
- Rough Electrical.4.jpg [ View Image ] [ Download Original ] Slide #4 - Rough electrical for a kitchen.