- FFA Issues and Opportunities
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members) 3
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Careers in Agricultural Mechanics
- Personal and Group Safety
- Fire Safety and Shop Emergencies
- Personal Safety and Shop Attire
- Safe Equipment and Environment
- Rope Work & Load Securing
- Basic Agricultural Woodworking
- Calculating Board Feet
- Fasteners Used in Woodworking
- Cutting and Shaping Wood
- Redwood Planter Box Project
- Anticipatory Sets or Hooks
- What do these projects have in common?
- Laying out the planter box project.
- Demonstration- Cutting Down the 1"X12" with the table saw and radial arm saw
- Students cutting down their 1" X 12" with the table saw and radial arm saw
- Demonstration- Making their Dado and rabbet joint
- Students making their dado and rabbet joints
- Demonstration- Assembling your Redwood Planter Box
- Students assembling their Redwood Planter Boxes
- Demonstration- Drilling your Drainage Holes
- Student drilling their drainage holes
- Demonstration- Finishing your project
- Students finishing their redwood planter boxes
- Push Stick Project
- Book End Project
- Basic Agricultural Electricity and Wiring
- Electrical Terms
- Electrical Tool and Equipment ID
- Electrical Wire ID and Prep
- Basic Circuitry
- Plumbing Systems in Agriculture
- Steel Pipe Fitting and Uses
- Copper Tubing Uses and Fitting
- Plastic Pipe Uses and Fitting
- Plumbing Project
- Sprinkler Plumbing Project- Mike Mederos
- Agricultural Cold/Hot Metal Processes
- Cold Metal Project Layout and Transfer
- Cold Metal Process
- Tap and Die / Bending and Eye
- Cold Metal Dust Pan project
- Try Square Project
- Hot Metal
- Agricultural Concrete and Masonry Practices
- Ingredients in Concrete
- Concrete Ratios
- Slump Test
- Placing, Finishing and Curing Concrete
- Oxy-fuel Cutting and Welding
- Oxy-Fuel Brazing
- Lighting and shutting down the torch
- Running a bead with and without filler rod
- Electric Arc Welding Processes
- Small Engines
- 4 Stroke (Cycle) Engine Operation
- Small Engine Nomenclature
- Using Operator/Repair Manual
- Computer as a Resource
- Land Measurement
- Foundations of Measurement
- Distance Measurement
- Calculating Pace
- Land Area Measurements
- Measurement Calculations- Mike Mederos
- Profile Leveling
- Legal Land Descriptions
- Project - Electrical Wiring Circuit Board
- Project - Wood Sawhorse
- Project - Oxy-Acetylene Cutting
- Paper Towel Holder
- Three View Drawing
Activity Originally Created By: Dick Piersma
Part of Lesson Plan: Project - Electrical Wiring Circuit Board
Activity Overview / Details
At the end of each Lab/Shop session have prepared some sort of an organized clean-up routine.
Things to consider are:
1. Accounting for and putting away tools.
2. Storage of materials and supplies till the next Lab/Shop session.
3. Storage of finished projects.
4. Clean-up of the shop (ie. sweeping).
Recommendation: Since this project will take 3 or 4 Lab/Shop sessions, split the class into 3 or 4 groups and assign each group to complete one of the items on the list above and rotate the groups each day.