Part of Lesson Plan: Project - Wood Sawhorse
Activity Overview / Details
At the start of class have two things in the front of the room:
1. A store bought wood sawhorse (Home Depot sells one that is the basis of this project).
2. A sample finished project that you (the teacher) constructed.
Start the discussion by explaining that when you were at Home Depot you came across this sawhorse and thought that this would make a nice project for the students to complete for three reasons:
1. Constructing a sawhorse would be a practical way to demonstrate the skills learned during the wood working unit.
2. This is a project that would be useful at home and could be displayed at the county fair(s).
3. Constructing this project will be the hands-on "test" that the students will take for the wood working unit.