Part of Unit: Medical Terminology
Lesson Plan Overview / Details
The students will learn about the different categories of Suffixes as well as their definitions. They will do this by playing Bingo, taking notes and a matching homework activity.
- one class period
- 60 Minutes
California Career and Technical Education Standards
- HSMT.C.C5.1 Know how to code information and develop summaries (abstracts) for use by other ...
- HSMT.FS.2.0 Communications
California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced)
Objectives and Goals
- The students will utilize their knowledge of Suffixes to analyze unfamiliar word parts. The students will define commonly used Suffixes.
- The students will define commonly used Suffixes.
Activities in this Lesson
- Medical Terminology BINGO - Hooks / Set
As a class we will play Bingo with Medical Terms. The students will make their own Bingo board using the word bank provided. I will give each students a handful of paper clips to use as Bingo markers. They will put one Medical Term in each box in the Bingo template. The center box is a free space. I will give the definition of the Medical Term and the students must locate the matching Medical Term on their Bingo board. During the first few rounds of Bingo, the students will be able to use the definitions provided in the word bank, but after 10-15 minutes, no notes will be allowed. The students will earn extra credit for winning a Bingo round.
- Powerpoint on Suffixes - Lecture
The students will take notes via a Powerpoint presentation on the three different types of Suffixes. Then they will take notes on the definitions of common Suffixes. The notes will be used to complete their homework.
- Med Term Suffixes [ Download ] Powerpoint presentation
- Assessment Types:
- Teacher-Made Test,
The students will complete a matching homework assignment on the Suffixes they learned about.
- matching homework [ Download ]