- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members) 3
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE)
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Careers in Agriculture
- Animal Housing and Handling Equipment
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 1
- Breaking Bones, "A Tale of Four Traumas"
- "MEET YOUR MATES!" - Swine Breed Identification and Ear Notching Techniques & Tools - Part 2
- "Reflections" - The Importance Animal Identification
- "What breed are you" - painting your pig
- "Clean your Barnyard!" - Class Clean-Up
- "Staying One Notch above the Competition" - Swine Ear Notching Notes
- "Lend me your Ear" - Piglet Ear Construction and Ear Notching Practice
- "Piglet family round-up!" - students will organize themselves by litter number and piglet number
- "Body Piercing...In Cattle & Sheep" Ear Tagging Methodology, Tools, and Techniques
- Do the Hokey Pokey....Injections and Reading Syringes
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Bone Structure
- Axial and Appendicular Skeletons
- "Let's Eat" - Prehension and Mastication
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Building Blocks of Words
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Directional Terms
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Body Planes
- Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology-Abbreviations
- Comparative Anatomy and Physiology
- Pick - A - Part!
- Animal Reproduction and the Function of Reproductive Organs
- Calving Problems/Dystocia
- Female Reproductive Tract
- Parturition and Related Problems
- Male Reproductive Tract
- Fertilization and Pregnancy
- Animal Inheritance and Selection Principles
- Expected Progeny Difference (EPD)
- Punnett Squares and Codominance
- Punnett Square Discovery
- Finding the Fittest- Livestock Selection
- Causes and Effects of Diseases and Illnesses in Animals
- Livestock Parasitology
- Fecal Exam for Livestock
- Livestock Parasite Control
- Vaccination Protocol
- Observing Animals
- Rangeland Management Practices
- Animal Waste Management
- Animal Welfare Concerns
- Large and Small Animal Production
- Swine Identification
- Dairy Cow Timeline
- Introduction to Small and Large Animal Terminology
- Temple Grandin
- Rabbits - An Introduction
- Specialty Animal Production
- Animal Products and By-Products Processing and Marketing
Activity Originally Created By: Mike Morris
Why FFA Poster!
Part of Lesson Plan: FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
Activity Overview / Details
"So thanks for all your hard work today, I hope you have discovered some cool FFA opportunities! In a moment we will take a few minutes to apply what we discovered. Each of you will be given a sheet of paper and writing utensils. You will have ______ minutes (remainder of the period unless assigned as homework) to create a poster that advertises the benefits of FFA. Why should someone get involved/join? Be creative and include the information you learned today." It would be a good idea to cover your expectations for the poster, you may find the attached rubric useful. Display the posters, after evaluating them, around the room.
Materials / Resource
- Optional Rubric for Posters [ Download ] Use to guide students and evaluate posters.