- FFA Issues and Topics
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members)
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- FFA Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE)
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Introduction to California Agriculture Education Record Books
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Budget
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Ownership Business Agreements
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Placement Business Agreements
- California Agriculture Record Book -- Classification of Inventory
- California Agriculture Record Book -- FFA, School & Community Service Activities
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Financial Statement
- California Agriculture Education Record Book - Income Summary
- FFA Record Book Calendar
- Introduction to the Journal
- Part 2 Journal Practice
- How do I record gifts and transfer projects from 4H to FFA?
- Careers in Agriculture
- Careers in Agriculture - Austin Large
- Job Shadow
- The Role of Agriculture in the California Economy
- History of Agriculture
- California Commodities
- Agriculture and the Environment
- The Effects of Technology on Agriculture
- Technology & Ag Production
- Benefits & Public Concerns/Objections About Technology
- Analyzing Technological Advancements in Agriculture
- Animals: Their importance, Domestication, and Role
- Domestic Animals and Society
- Alternative Uses of Livestock Animals
- Animal Waste
- Animal Behavior
- Basic Cell Structure and Function of Plants and Animals
- Basic Animal Anatomy and Systems
- Basic Animal Terminology
- External Anatomy of Animals
- "From Food to Feces" Monogastric vs. Ruminant
- "Family Connection" Animal Kingdom Taxonomy
- Basic Animal Genetics
- Cell Division: Mitosis
- Genotypes and Phenotypes
- Cell Division: Meiosis
- Dominant & Recessive Traits
- Genetic Mutations
- Fundamental Animal Nutrition and Feeding
- Classes of Nutrients
- Basic feeding
- Ruminant Digestive System
- Basic Animal Health
- Soil Science Principles
- Plant Growth and Development
- Plant Anatomy
- Name that Tune (15 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function Karaoke - Teaching Technique: Peer Teaching (20 minutes)
- Demo Track - "Roots, Roots, Roots" - Guided Practice (7 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function CD Cover - Independent Practice (20 minutes)
- Plant Part/Function CD Cover Demo - Guided Practice (10 minutes)
- Show what you know - Quiz (5 minutes)
- Closure (5 minutes)
- Photosynthesis Process
- Perfect vs. Imperfect Flowers
- Breathe Easy...Plant Respiration
- Plant Growth Requirements
- Seeds & Seed Germination
- Plant Anatomy
- Plant Insects and Diseases
- Understanding Scientific Method
- Steps of Scientific Method
- Scientific Method Cartographer
- Experimental Design
- Methodology Madness
Activity Originally Created By: Mike Morris
What FREAKS you out?
Part of Lesson Plan: Intro to Public Speaking
Activity Overview / Details
Begin class by asking students what scares them. Get answers.
Show the powerpoint to the class- "What Freaks you out?" Begin the discussion with the notion that people are scared of some crazy things. Go through the powerpoint and laugh at some of the crazy phobias.
Share the definition of a phobia- an irrational and unnatural aversion to or fear of something. Irrational! Our fear of public speaking is common- but all the same it is not founded in logic.
Today's lesson will equip you with skills to effectively plan and present a prepared speech.
Materials / Resource
- What FREAKS you out? [ Download ] null