- FFA Issues and Opportunities
- FFA: The Benefits to Involvement (Lesson 1 of 4)
- What is the FFA? (first year members) Lesson 2 of 4
- What is the FFA? (older/experienced members) 3
- FFA: Creating My Plan for Success "myPLAN"
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Styles
- Intro to Public Speaking
- Supervised Agricultural Experiences
- What is a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) program?
- Benefits of a quality SAE program.
- How to properly select an SAE program.
- Exploration of SAE possibilities
- Long term planning for SAE programs.
- The California Agricultural Record Book
- Careers in Agricultural Mechanics
- Personal and Group Safety
- Fire Safety and Shop Emergencies
- Personal Safety and Shop Attire
- Safe Equipment and Environment
- Rope Work & Load Securing
- Basic Agricultural Woodworking
- Calculating Board Feet
- Fasteners Used in Woodworking
- Cutting and Shaping Wood
- Redwood Planter Box Project
- Anticipatory Sets or Hooks
- What do these projects have in common?
- Laying out the planter box project.
- Demonstration- Cutting Down the 1"X12" with the table saw and radial arm saw
- Students cutting down their 1" X 12" with the table saw and radial arm saw
- Demonstration- Making their Dado and rabbet joint
- Students making their dado and rabbet joints
- Demonstration- Assembling your Redwood Planter Box
- Students assembling their Redwood Planter Boxes
- Demonstration- Drilling your Drainage Holes
- Student drilling their drainage holes
- Demonstration- Finishing your project
- Students finishing their redwood planter boxes
- Push Stick Project
- Book End Project
- Basic Agricultural Electricity and Wiring
- Electrical Terms
- Electrical Tool and Equipment ID
- Electrical Wire ID and Prep
- Basic Circuitry
- Plumbing Systems in Agriculture
- Steel Pipe Fitting and Uses
- Copper Tubing Uses and Fitting
- Plastic Pipe Uses and Fitting
- Plumbing Project
- Sprinkler Plumbing Project- Mike Mederos
- Agricultural Cold/Hot Metal Processes
- Cold Metal Project Layout and Transfer
- Cold Metal Process
- Tap and Die / Bending and Eye
- Cold Metal Dust Pan project
- Try Square Project
- Hot Metal
- Agricultural Concrete and Masonry Practices
- Ingredients in Concrete
- Concrete Ratios
- Slump Test
- Placing, Finishing and Curing Concrete
- Oxy-fuel Cutting and Welding
- Oxy-Fuel Brazing
- Lighting and shutting down the torch
- Running a bead with and without filler rod
- Electric Arc Welding Processes
- Small Engines
- 4 Stroke (Cycle) Engine Operation
- Small Engine Nomenclature
- Using Operator/Repair Manual
- Computer as a Resource
- Land Measurement
- Foundations of Measurement
- Distance Measurement
- Calculating Pace
- Land Area Measurements
- Measurement Calculations- Mike Mederos
- Profile Leveling
- Legal Land Descriptions
- Project - Electrical Wiring Circuit Board
- Project - Wood Sawhorse
- Project - Oxy-Acetylene Cutting
- Paper Towel Holder
- Three View Drawing
Activity Originally Created By: Mike Morris
What FREAKS you out?
Part of Lesson Plan: Intro to Public Speaking
Activity Overview / Details
Begin class by asking students what scares them. Get answers.
Show the powerpoint to the class- "What Freaks you out?" Begin the discussion with the notion that people are scared of some crazy things. Go through the powerpoint and laugh at some of the crazy phobias.
Share the definition of a phobia- an irrational and unnatural aversion to or fear of something. Irrational! Our fear of public speaking is common- but all the same it is not founded in logic.
Today's lesson will equip you with skills to effectively plan and present a prepared speech.
Materials / Resource
- What FREAKS you out? [ Download ] null