- Core Orientation
- Medical Assisting Profession
- History of Medicine
- Medical Ethics and Legal Considerations
- Medical Ethics and Legality
- HIPAA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Interpersonal Communications
- Hear No, See No, Say No Evil
- We Are Not All The Same
- He Said, She Said
- Beyond the Call of Duty
- What it takes to be an effective team
- Communication: Listening in the Workplace
- Scheduling Appointments
- The Patient Record
- Safety in the Medical Office
- How Safe is the Office I Work In?
- MSDS, Is It A Disease?
- Labels for Secondary Containers
- Got PPE? Methods of Personal Protection
- Hazard Communication Program
- Office Emergencies
- Infection Control and Universal Precautions
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body
- "Dem Bones"-Components of the Muscular System
- Do you CLICK?
- How do you spit?
- The nerve of you!
- Is your head attached?
- There are how many Muscles?
- Vital Signs
- Vital Signs
- What is meant by vital signs?
- Vital Signs Overview
- Methods used to measure temperature
- Mercury Thermometers
- Care of the mercury thermometer/Taking a patient's temperature
- Other types of thermometers
- Pulse Sites
- What is a normal pulse rate?
- Taking a Radial Pulse
- Taking an apical pulse
- What does blood pressure mean?
- What effects an individual's blood pressure
- What equipment do you need?
- How to take a patient's blood pressure
- Vital Signs
- Patient Examinations
- Visiting Day
- Make a "Pregnancy Calculator" Wheel**
- Casting: Putting on, caring for, and removing a cast.
- Diagnostic Tests, Examinations and Therapeutic Modalities
- Intradermal Injections
- EKG-12 Lead Placement
- Hearing Tests Using Tuning Forks **
- Laboratory Procedures (Obtaining & Preparing Specimens)
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- 1...2...3...No Germs on Me
- Assisting with surgery: suturing
- Watch video on circumcision
- Objective overview: Setting up sterile tray and passing instruments
- Set up a sterile field and learn instruments
- Guided practice
- Know the instruments in the kit
- Assisting with suturing:passing the instruments
- Practice setting up tray
- Passing instruments
- Draw the tray set up
- Test on tray set up
- Pharmacology for Medical Assistants
- Dosage Calculations
- Assisting with Medications
- Personal Behaviors Influencing Health
- Health Care Insurance Coverage
Activity Originally Created By: Mike Morris
Video on hearing tests
Part of Lesson Plan: Hearing Tests Using Tuning Forks **
Activity Overview / Details
As the first student comes in, whisper a sentence to him or her, and ask him to whisper it to the next incoming student, but not repeat it. After students are seated ask the last student to repeat the sentence. Students may be surprised to see how it differs from the original.
Explain we are going to do some hearing tests today.
Show the video.
Materials / Resource
- Hearing Video [ Go to Site ]