Part of Course: Small Business Ownership & Management Model
Unit Overview / Details
In this unit students will learn about the types of invoice discounts suppliers use to get businesses to pay their bills in a more timely fashion. They will analyze financing options and relate it to buying equipment for a business to decide whether or not to take advantage of the cash disounts by analyzing the cost of credit.
- 6 Hours
- calculate the different percentage discounts offered by suppliers and pay within time deadlines
- use economic concepts and mathematical calculations in making hypothetical decisions about buying and financing a car.
- use critical thinking skills to make informed decisions
- identify tools available to make business decisions.
- demonstrate the true cost of common financial decisions
- calculate the true annual % rate of a discount offered on a discount
- use the formula for simple interest to make decisions
Lessons in this Unit
Students will learn about the types of invoice discounts suppliers use to get businesses to pay their bills in a more timely fashion
- 2 Hours
- 110 minutes
- 2 Class Periods
In this lesson, which is a follow up lesson to "common invoice terms", students will decide whether or not to take advantage of the cash discounts by analyzing the cost of credit.
- 2 Hours