Part of Course: Marketing Model
Unit Overview / Details
After completing this unit, the students will be able to discuss the importance of marketing research in planning and implementing a marketing strategy. In addition, students will be able to describe the four important areas of marketing research and describe the five steps in conducting market research.
- 10 Hours
Content and Concepts
- Students will discuss the nature, importance, and usage of marketing research in planning and implementing market strategies
- Students will bel able to explain the function of marketing information systems
- Students will bel able to describe four important types of marketing research
- Students will bel able to describe the steps used in conducting marketing research
- Students will bel able to construct effective marketing research questionnaires
Lessons in this Unit
To have the students understand the concept of a SWOT analysis within the marketing plan and then write a SWOT for their business base. Students will review successful companies SWOT analysis.
- Class Period
- 120 Minutes
• Students understand need for accurate marketing information to aid decision-making.
• Students learn to identify and specify routine and unique decisions in business management.
- Lecture and activities
- 90 Minutes
Students design a marketing research plan following a 5 step market research process to define problem, analyze situation, develop data collection process, gather and analyze information and propose solutions in final output report.
- 90 Minutes
The students will learn about the target market and have a better understanding of the market segmentation. To reinforce the concept of target market, and to teach the process of classifying the customers by needs and wants, which is market segmentation.
Explain the purpose of packaging and describe the stages marketers go through in designing the package. Analyze and discuss the functions, benefits, and types of packaging materials. Explain the purpose and effects of packaging and label laws and describe trends in packaging.
- Class Meeting
- 3 - 4 Class Periods
After this lesson students will have a better understanding of consumer behavior. They will be able to explain internal and external influences on a consumer's buying habits.