Part of Lesson Plan: Business Ethics
Activity Overview / Details
Demo/modeling will take about 15 minutes. (this is the section where you will discuss the "wallets" - point out how many students immediately brought you the wallet and how many "looked" first and then found the note to bring you the wallet - don't name names - students will be extrememly embarrassed if you point out their lack of morality)
- Write T – charts on the board (example on last slide of Power Point) labeled Personal and Business. The T-Charts will emphasize the left side as “good” decisions and the right side as “bad” or inapropriate decisions.
- Students will approach the board and fill in the charts based on asked questions (good and bad choice) (teacher can ask more questions if they want, a basic 5 are provided):
What do you do when?
1. Your mom wants you to wash the dishes and you want to play your new video game
2. Your little brother wants to share your ice cream but you don’t want to
3. You found a wallet (discuss the first set results – how many people gave you the wallet, how many checked it first, etc.)
4. Your boss wants you to give him a trial balance report by the end of the day; you want to leave early and can’t get the trial balance to balance.
5. Your supervisor asked you out on a date and you think they are really “hot”.