- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
- Resume writing for High School Students
- Communication Skills
- Career Opportunities
- Determining Potential as an Entrepreneur
- Economics Related to a Small Business
- Demand in the Market Place
- Recognizing Economic Systems
- Developing a Business Plan
- Reconnaissance of a Similar Business
- The Business of Sharing
- Creating Your Business Plan
- Business Plan Part 1 -The Contemporary Business Environment
- Business Plan Part 2 - The Business of Managing
- Business Plan Part 3 - People and Organizations
- Choosing the Type of Ownership
- Multiple-Entities Business Structure
- 3 Types of Business Structures, Which is Best?
- Exploring Business Structures. Which one is right for you??
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Market Analysis
- 5 P's and 7 P's of the Marketing Mix
- Business Ethics
- Choosing Business Location
- Financing the Business
- Attracting Equity Investors
- Start-up costs, operating costs, and personal expenses in business plan.
- Managing the Finances
- Common Invoice Terms
- Managing Your Finances - Buying a Car
- Determining Financing for Purchases
- Managing the Business
- Human Resources
- Employee Goal Setting
- Creating The Employee Handbook
- Company Organization and Hierarchy Charts
- Develop policies and procedures for handling employee problems
- Performance Reviews
- Designing a Newspaper Advertisement
- Project Planning Management
- Business Management - Workplace Conflict Management
- Business Management - Writing a Basic Business Plan Executive Summary
- Promoting the Business
- Professional Selling
- Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to the Sales Process.
- Determining the Characteristics of a Good Salesman
- Identify the steps of the selling process.
- Demonstrating Effective Customer Service Skills
- Making Sustainable Consumption Choices
- Dealing with Legal Issues
- Risk Management
- Technical Assistance and Support
- Leadership Skills Development
- Optional Skills for Advanced Learners
Activity Originally Created By: Scott Yamahata
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Part of Lesson Plan: Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to the Sales Process.
Activity Overview / Details
Students, as a class, create 5 charts, each depicting one of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
As students enter the classroom, I have 5 charts placed strategically in the classroom I show students the short video, “Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.” After watching the video, I use the “Pepper Technique,” calling on random students and checking to see if they remember each of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, and which order they should be in.
Once we finish, I divide students into five groups and have them stand in front of one of the large sheets of paper. By the large sheets of paper are different colored markers with each for each group member. On the large sheet of paper is one of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, along with a brief description with key words. The rest of the paper is divided into three sections: Target Market, Products or Services, and Commercials or Advertisements.
Students are given 5 minutes to jot down their ideas on the paper. At the end of 5 minutes, I tell groups to move to the next piece of paper. I repeat this until teach group has had a chance to write on all of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
At the end of this, each group takes one sheet of paper, analyzes it, and presents the information to the class.
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (chart) [ Download ]