- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
- Resume writing for High School Students
- Communication Skills
- Career Opportunities
- Determining Potential as an Entrepreneur
- Economics Related to a Small Business
- Demand in the Market Place
- Recognizing Economic Systems
- Developing a Business Plan
- Reconnaissance of a Similar Business
- The Business of Sharing
- Creating Your Business Plan
- Business Plan Part 1 -The Contemporary Business Environment
- Business Plan Part 2 - The Business of Managing
- Business Plan Part 3 - People and Organizations
- Choosing the Type of Ownership
- Multiple-Entities Business Structure
- 3 Types of Business Structures, Which is Best?
- Exploring Business Structures. Which one is right for you??
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Market Analysis
- 5 P's and 7 P's of the Marketing Mix
- Business Ethics
- Choosing Business Location
- Financing the Business
- Attracting Equity Investors
- Start-up costs, operating costs, and personal expenses in business plan.
- Managing the Finances
- Common Invoice Terms
- Managing Your Finances - Buying a Car
- Determining Financing for Purchases
- Managing the Business
- Human Resources
- Employee Goal Setting
- Creating The Employee Handbook
- Company Organization and Hierarchy Charts
- Develop policies and procedures for handling employee problems
- Performance Reviews
- Designing a Newspaper Advertisement
- Project Planning Management
- Business Management - Workplace Conflict Management
- Business Management - Writing a Basic Business Plan Executive Summary
- Promoting the Business
- Professional Selling
- Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to the Sales Process.
- Determining the Characteristics of a Good Salesman
- Identify the steps of the selling process.
- Demonstrating Effective Customer Service Skills
- Making Sustainable Consumption Choices
- Dealing with Legal Issues
- Risk Management
- Technical Assistance and Support
- Leadership Skills Development
- Optional Skills for Advanced Learners
Activity Originally Created By: Bright Nichols-Stock
Part of Lesson Plan: Advertising and Its Affects on Consumer Decision Making
Activity Overview / Details
After all students have shared their selected ads and class discussion has ended, divide the class into groups of 4 students. Tell the groups that they are going to create an advertising campaign for a product of their choice. Break students into groups of 4 and give them 5 minutes to determine the product for which they will create the advertisement. At the end of 5 minutes, ask each group to write down their product and the names of all group members and turn it in to you.
Tell the class that they will use the 8 Steps to Effective Advertising to create their advertisement campaign.
Each group will develop their advertisement and present it to the class. Multi media is encouraged: Powerpoint, video, camera, tape recording, etc. (Review the different advertising mediums throughout the class.) Students will be evaluated by the other groups as well as the teacher during the final presentation.
The group with the highest overall score after presentations will receive 10 extra credit points in addition to the points for the assignment.
Show the Advertising Techniques for Small Business video to expand the thinking of students as they begin the project.
Materials / Resource
- Additional Advertisement Strategies for Small Businesses [ Go to Site ] null