Part of Course: Fire Science and Technology Model
Unit Overview / Details
Instructional and Training Hours
- 20 Hours
Content and Concepts
- Demonstrate procedures to be followed in the case of emergencies.
- Discuss ways to report a potential safety hazard to a supervisor.
- Identify and discuss cyber ethics, cyber safety, and cyber security.
- Apply personal safety practices to and from the job.
- Recognize good housekeeping as a safety issue.
- Explain importance of CAL-OSHA.
- Write the procedures for reporting a work-related hazard or injury.
- Define and discuss ergonomics in relationship to working in a fire science environment.
- Discuss the electrical hazards of working with electronic equipment.
- Recognize the effects of substance abuse in the workplace.
Lessons in this Unit
Students will know the different physical agility assessments for protective services, and understand the skills and techniques necessary for success in agility test. They will perform each event and determine what skills they do well and what skills they need to work on.
- One week
- 5 Hours