- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
- Resume writing for High School Students
- Communication Skills
- Career Opportunities
- Determining Potential as an Entrepreneur
- Economics Related to a Small Business
- Demand in the Market Place
- Recognizing Economic Systems
- Developing a Business Plan
- Reconnaissance of a Similar Business
- The Business of Sharing
- Creating Your Business Plan
- Business Plan Part 1 -The Contemporary Business Environment
- Business Plan Part 2 - The Business of Managing
- Business Plan Part 3 - People and Organizations
- Choosing the Type of Ownership
- Multiple-Entities Business Structure
- 3 Types of Business Structures, Which is Best?
- Exploring Business Structures. Which one is right for you??
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Market Analysis
- 5 P's and 7 P's of the Marketing Mix
- Business Ethics
- Choosing Business Location
- Financing the Business
- Attracting Equity Investors
- Start-up costs, operating costs, and personal expenses in business plan.
- Managing the Finances
- Common Invoice Terms
- Managing Your Finances - Buying a Car
- Determining Financing for Purchases
- Managing the Business
- Human Resources
- Employee Goal Setting
- Creating The Employee Handbook
- Company Organization and Hierarchy Charts
- Develop policies and procedures for handling employee problems
- Performance Reviews
- Designing a Newspaper Advertisement
- Project Planning Management
- Business Management - Workplace Conflict Management
- Business Management - Writing a Basic Business Plan Executive Summary
- Promoting the Business
- Professional Selling
- Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to the Sales Process.
- Determining the Characteristics of a Good Salesman
- Identify the steps of the selling process.
- Demonstrating Effective Customer Service Skills
- Making Sustainable Consumption Choices
- Dealing with Legal Issues
- Risk Management
- Technical Assistance and Support
- Leadership Skills Development
- Optional Skills for Advanced Learners
Activity Originally Created By: Linda Jean Voth
Let's Buy a Car!
Part of Lesson Plan: Managing Your Finances - Buying a Car
Activity Overview / Details
Tell the student that they are going to buy a car that will need to be financed. The students will need to look at different options and decide which will be the best choice for their situation.
The students will need to find an advertisement for a car that they would like to purchase. The students will hand in a report that details their findings.
Teacher will give the students the opportunity to use the newspapers to look for a car – or may give the students the choice to go-online and search for the car of their choice.
Most students will prefer to go online. Teacher may require students to look at both resources, although this is not necessary, as we are now in the 21 st century!