- Employment Portfolio
- Job Applications
- Letter of Introduction or Cover Letters
- Letters of recommendation
- Job Interviews
- Preparing for Competitive Events: The Job Application and Interview Event
- Resume writing for High School Students
- Communication Skills
- Career Opportunities
- Determining Potential as an Entrepreneur
- Economics Related to a Small Business
- Demand in the Market Place
- Recognizing Economic Systems
- Developing a Business Plan
- Reconnaissance of a Similar Business
- The Business of Sharing
- Creating Your Business Plan
- Business Plan Part 1 -The Contemporary Business Environment
- Business Plan Part 2 - The Business of Managing
- Business Plan Part 3 - People and Organizations
- Choosing the Type of Ownership
- Multiple-Entities Business Structure
- 3 Types of Business Structures, Which is Best?
- Exploring Business Structures. Which one is right for you??
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Market Analysis
- 5 P's and 7 P's of the Marketing Mix
- Business Ethics
- Choosing Business Location
- Financing the Business
- Attracting Equity Investors
- Start-up costs, operating costs, and personal expenses in business plan.
- Managing the Finances
- Common Invoice Terms
- Managing Your Finances - Buying a Car
- Determining Financing for Purchases
- Managing the Business
- Human Resources
- Employee Goal Setting
- Creating The Employee Handbook
- Company Organization and Hierarchy Charts
- Develop policies and procedures for handling employee problems
- Performance Reviews
- Designing a Newspaper Advertisement
- Project Planning Management
- Business Management - Workplace Conflict Management
- Business Management - Writing a Basic Business Plan Executive Summary
- Promoting the Business
- Professional Selling
- Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to the Sales Process.
- Determining the Characteristics of a Good Salesman
- Identify the steps of the selling process.
- Demonstrating Effective Customer Service Skills
- Making Sustainable Consumption Choices
- Dealing with Legal Issues
- Risk Management
- Technical Assistance and Support
- Leadership Skills Development
- Optional Skills for Advanced Learners
Activity Originally Created By: Debbie Garcia
Part of Lesson Plan: Powerful Promotional Plan
Activity Overview / Details
Students meet back in their groups to discuss the following questions about the promotional plan and promotional mix. They will share/ "test" their results.
Provide the following questions for students to discuss. Inform the groups that one person must record the group answers and one person will be a spokesperson to share the group answers.
Allow 10 minutes to wrap up the lesson with this assessment of student knowledge.
- What are the six common types of advertising?
- What "ingredients" would your group use to promote a box of cake mix? Explain your answer.
- List two (2) words or concepts about the box of cake mix that you think would help persuade customers or grab their attention, if you were writing promotional material.