Part of Lesson Plan: Life Size Cardboard Cutout in High Resolution
Activity Overview / Details
Predict: Ask the students - How many 8 x 10” 300 ppi pictures would it take to build yourself in a large digital image?
Knowing the highest file size that your camera captures - i.e. 2400 x 3600 ppi, Give students 10 minutes to predict with a written or drawing solution using prior knowledge
Read and review: From the book, Photo Course, an interactive mulitmedia text, p50-60
Answer these questions.
1. Image sizes or _______________________ is/are specified in PIXELS.
2. Larger images are good for ________________________. Smaller images are good for __________________________________
3. How do you calculate Image size?
4. What is pixelization?
5. What is an advantage of a large resolution in an image?__________________________________-
6. A smooth curve is obtained by more _____________________________.
7. The number of ________________ pixels affects the clarity of details and sharpness of edges.
8. The output devices determines the size of an image. Many programs reduce images ____________________ so you don’t have to scroll.
Explain how the Kodak car can be the same size printed as on the screen on page 58.
9. What does a JPEG camera format do?
10. Define JPEG
11. Define TIFF
12. Define RAW