Part of Course: Introduction to Computer Programming Model
Unit Overview / Details
This unit introduces the four phases of software development and the use of software design specifications. Students learn how to perform top-down design and bottom-up implementation. They also learn how to perform unit testing and integration testing. The use of documentation within the program code is also presented.
- 3 Hours
- 19 Hours
Content / Concepts
Students will have mastered the material in this unit when they can:
- Understand the software development cycle and its four phases
- Describe the different types of software documentation and their appropriate uses
- Understand modular development and its benefits
- Understand top-down software design and bottom-up software development
- Perform unit testing and integration testing
Lessons in this Unit
In this lesson, students will learn how to turn a scenario into a storyboard to organize their ideas into a squence of events that can then be translated into a program in Alice.
- Class time
- 1 Class Period